JNSW Amateur of the Year Series 2019
Jumping NSW have announced the details for the 2019 JNSW Amateur of the Year Series which will again run across a series of shows hosting the qualifying events. The rules for the series are as follows:
- The horse/rider’s six best performances will decide the series winner.
- Scores will be based on a Horse/rider combination.
- Class heights in the first round in outdoor competitions can range between 1.15m to
- 1.20m depending on the type of arena, and the standard of the show. Indoor arenas can be first round 1.10m. This should be stated on the show schedules.
- Participants must meet the criteria of the current National Amateur Ruling. See below
- All events will be run as Art. 238 2.2 (AM5) or Art 273 3.3.1 (Jump off classes)
- The overall winner of the series will receive a rug and their name on the Jumping NSW Perpetual Trophy which they keep for 12 months.
- The presentation of the winner will be held at the Summer Showjumping Classic CSI-W in December at The Sydney International Equestrian Centre.
- The Events must have “Jumping NSW Amateur of the Year Class” in the title and advertised in show programs and entry systems.
- The first 10 places in each competition will gain points. With the winner of the class gaining 11 points then 2nd 9, 3rd 8 etc down to 10th 1 point.
- If there is an equality of points at the end of the series the horse/rider combination that
- places highest in the Summer Classic Amateur Class will be the overall series winner. (Addition to rules 4/1/18)
- Some shows may run the JNSW series class on the final with top 20 horses, please
- be aware that there may be a qualifying event for these classes that you will have to compete in to be able to compete.
- Only participants who are members of Jumping NSW are eligible to gain points in the series.
Download the Flyer HERE
The following shows are confirmed and are participating in the 2019 Series.
|Bega Cup||31 December 2018|
|Gundagai Ag Show||16 February 2019|
|Goulburn Ag Show||3 March 2019|
|Hunter Regional Championships||31 March 2019|
|Camden Ag Show||6 April 2019|
|Dubbo Ag Show||25 May 2019|
|Camden Winter Festival||10 June 2019|
|Waratah Showjumping||25 August 2019|
|Sydney Summer Classic||8 December 2019|
2018 JNSW Amateur combination of the Year Damien Churchill and Franklin’s Peace