Young jumping riders bound for Beijing
Source: Equestrian Australia
Equestrian Australia (EA) last week received an invitation to send a team of Junior riders (aged 16 to 18 years) to compete in a borrowed horse competition in Beijing China.
The event will take place from 24 to 26th August.
With the short notice between receiving the invitation and the conduct of the event, the Equestrian Australia Jumping Committee were unable to call for expressions of interest for the event.
The National Jumping selectors used the Youth Olympic Games expressions of interest to select the three riders for Beijing.
The riders who accepted the invitation and who will travel to Beijing are, Amelia Douglass (NSW), Connor Reed (SA) and Clay Simmonds (NSW).
Clive Reed of SA will be the coach/chef for the team.
The itinerary for the riders is as follows;
CSIO J & Y – Preliminary Itinerary:
Thursday 23nd August
– Arrival of the teams
– Technical Briefing for the Nations Cup riders,incl. the draw of the horses
– Orientation and training
– Side activities/Entertainment*
Friday 24th of August
– Horse Inspection
– Technical Briefing
– Opening CSIO J Competition – 1.00m
– Opening CSIO Y Competition – 1.10m
Saturday 25th of August
– CSIO J Two Phase Competition – 1.05m
– CSIO Y Accumulator Competition – 1.15m
– CSIO J Nations Cup –1.10m
– CSIO Y Nations Cup – 1.20m
– Welcome Dinner
Sunday 26th of August
– CSIO J Accumulator Competition – 1.05m
– CSIO Y Two Phase Competition – 1.15m
– CSIO J Grand Prix – 1.10m
– CSIO Y Grand Prix – 1.20m